Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

If statement in table box

I am trying to solve a conundrum.  In the coding I have two fields, named the same (field_seq) coming from different
tables (Table1.field_seq and Table2.field_seq) these have been renamed to be distinct.

What I need is for a field/row of data to only appear if they are the same, if the two fields are the same, I can't do this in the code as they will always match until a property is chosen in the document. 

When a property is chosen Table1.field_seq is set but the system is pulling through all Table2.field_seq that have a corresponding Table2.field_code.

e.g. if  ‘645’ (Table1.field_seq=1) is chosen, field_code ‘Fridge’ (Table2.field_seq=1) shows but so does any other field_seq with ‘Fridge’ as its field_code (Table2.field_seq=#, #, # & #)

I have this in a table box and a straight table and cannot find a way to limit the info.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

are the tables linked together in the data model?  If not, you may need to, through set analysis, exclude/accept all values from the non linked table regardless of selection.  something like {tbl1.field2=}

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Try to use "Where Not Exists()" function.

Best Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the input.

Yes the tables are linked in the data model (admitiedly through a intermediary table), and the fields come through fine (refer image) what I can't seem to do is do a if statement in the table box to get only the ones that match to display

Capture.PNG.png

One field is responding to the selection the other is not.