3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2013 6:05 AM by Sudeep Mahapatra RSS

How to show ‘ALL’ instead of dot in the Multi Box if no vales selected in the list.

Hi All,

How to show ‘ALL’ instead of dot in the Multi Box if no vales selected in the list.

I need to show ALL instead like below

We can do this using load inline can anyone help me with expression.

Thanks & Regards,

MVV Satish.

• Re: How to show ‘ALL’ instead of dot in the Multi Box if no vales selected in the list.
          Sudeep Mahapatra

I think you may create a Text box with "All" as text and show it on top of the multibox's field selection area. This text object shd be visible as long as getSelectedCount(Country)=0.

Another way to have the value of field Country as All will require a load script change you can create an inline load like below:

CountryInline:

load * inline [

Country, flg

All,1

India,0

Pakistan,0

China,0

Singapore,0

];

Then in your qvw you can create the multi box with adding the Country field. have the sheet to be triggered  to the field value flg=1. That means when sombody comes to the sheet then the flg shd be set to 1. In that case the indirect selection of Country will become "All" in white color.(Possible value)

• Re: How to show ‘ALL’ instead of dot in the Multi Box if no vales selected in the list.

Can I ask why you want to do that? QlikView does not have a steep learning curve, so as soon as users understand the concept of green/grey/white they are ready to go.

With your approach you risk setting the wrong user expectations. Every time you develop a dashboard users will expect "ALL" to appear in their lisboxes and multiboxes, which means more development and complexity for you.

Just playing devil's advocate