What is the path to your source folder, root folder, and users folder?
Are there other mounted folders?
The source and user folders MUST be different.
The reload task will reload the qvw from the source folder and write the updated file back to the source folder.
The distribute task distributes (copies) the file from source to user folders (as well as doing other actions such as reduce).
Many thanks for the prompt reply.
Source Folder Path is
The User Folder is
- Mounted as Prod STWT-2
I.e The Source and User folders are different.
In total we have 17 Mounted User Folders, each with a corresponding Source Folder.
This issue happens across all folders.
Best Regards, Bill
No worries about the BLOB's [the Bleeding Obvious], they have to be gone through for due process.
To answer your questions :
- The timestamp on the AccessPoint is correct, as it shows the time that Publisher reload & distribute task finished.
- The qvw when viewed via the AccessPoint does not show the updates that have been made
- The qvw in the User Folder does not show the updates that have been made
- The qvw in the Source Folder does show the updates that have been made
- If the qvw in the Source Folder is reloaded manually with QV Desktop
- Then the Publisher reload & distribute task is re-run
- All is ok, as in the qvw's in both the Source & User Folders they both show the updates that have been made
Best Regards, Bill
The Publisher work exe file is qvb.exe. It has not a GUI.
What we have found is that changes made in the prj catalogue is not read if you don't reload or open using Developer (qv.exe). We suspect that the update from the prj changes is triggered by a windows event. Therefore qvb.exe which is windowless doesn't run the update.
I guess QlikTech are the only ones that can verify this.
We have a working solution using GIT where we open and close the qvw files using a script to get the latest changes.
Not a very good solution but it works.
Aaaahh !! I see what you are saying now. [Sorry for not understanding the first time].
To summarise, the process I have the issue with is:
- Open qvw
- Via QlikView Source Control, Get Latest Version
- Save Changes and Close
- After this the issue happens
But if then I manually Open, Reload, Save Changes & Close then all is ok - which is exactly what you are saying.
However are you also saying that an Open & Close with a reload would also sort it ?
I am probably going to put this past QlikView Support, would you mind if I add the url to this thread to the Case ?
Many Thanks, Bill
Many thanks for your help.
It is reassuring to hear that I am not the only one having this issue, as I was started to doubt my sanity.
I'll open a case with QlikTech and post the case number on this thread.
As the issue has the work around which, whilst annoying, does work, I would be happy with a response of 'Yup, we [QT] are aware of this and will address it sometime in the future, but maybe not till QlikView.Next.'
Many Thanks Again, Bill