Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macro not executing via Publisher

Hi,

I am trying to reload a qlikview app with a macro call embedded within the load script.  It works without issue when using the Qlikview Desktop software, however when I try to reload via a Publisher task the macro does not execute.  Is there a limitation in executing a macro via Publisher?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Publisher will not run Macros.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check this option is enabled

System -> Setup -> Security -> Allow Macro Execution on Server & also try Allow unsafe Macro execution on server

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Both of these options are checked.  Also the macros are configured with System Access and Allow System Access.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nilesh

Are you using the Ajax client or the IE Plugin ? 

As Macro's do not work with the Ajax client but do with the IE Plugin.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Does it matter which client I am using when running a Publisher task?  The issue I am having is that I am calling the macro in the load script.  When reloading via the Qlikview Desktop it works fine, but when reloading via Publisher it does not look like the macro is being called and executed.

Thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Publisher will not run Macros.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for confirming Bill!  It did look like it.  I have converted the Macro to a vbscript and running the vbscript before executing the Publisher Task.

kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II

Is this really true? I have a VBScript macro that is called by the load script and has executed fine with Publisher for several months.

However, I presently struggling with getting another VBScript macro to execute.  It works fine when reloading using the desktop client, but Publisher fails the task with a General Script Error.

Any ideas on things to look for?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Yes, it is true.

Bill

ashwin_r
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Bill,

Is their any work around for this rather than doing manual reload.

Ashwin.