Hii whitline thanks for responding. But this procedure looks strange..
If i assign document cal than why would i go again to provide read access to that folder?
But, now a user can see all the documents on the access point. But he can access only one with document cal.
is that also possible that user can see only one document who's access is provided?
You can try to give an access to the certain file...
But sooner or later you will have to use user groups and You'll think about roles management.
So you could try to create separate folder for each role and then create soft links only for those apps that should be visible for that roles.
There are few steps to be followed when Assigning Document Cal to the User:
1) The Document Cal should be there when assigning it for a specified user for particular Application from the Qlikview Management Console.
Change the "Number of CALs allocated to this Document".
2) After Assigning Document Cal to the User for some Application gave Authorization to him to see the Document.
3) Go to Access Point and Open the Application.
4) If Application is Opening but Nothing is visible than check the Credentials. If you have sync your Credentials and with Active Directory than it will take the same password you are using for opening your Personal System.
5) Enter the same userid and password which you have assigned to the user.
6) Else clear Cookies, cache Memory and finally delete all Temporary Files.