4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2014 8:18 AM by Nicole Smith RSS

Tips,Ideas, Etc on Tab Views

David Young

Hi All,

I am loading all the data once and want to create different tabs, list boxes, and charts for the application I am working on.  What I was wondering are there any tips, tricks, etc someone can share with me to help out.  I have included a couple of screen shots to demonstrate what I want to accomplish.  In the first picture you see the user has all the possible options for Type, Status, and Industry.  Here is the screen shot:

Here is the second shot with the only thing different is I want to only show 2 Industry types but all the Types and Statuses. 

I hope this makes sense.

David

• Re: Tips,Ideas, Etc on Tab Views
          Jeremiah Kurpat

Use an expression in your listbox like:

=if(match(Industry, 'Charter', 'Public K-12'), Industry)

This will only show the two Industries.

Hope this helps!

Nicole Smith

If you want what is displayed based on the user, you should search the community and QV help for Section Access.

David Young

HI Nicole.  

That hat is what I thought.  I am new to Qlikview and still learning.  I will look up Section Access to get a better understanding of it.  That is the direction I want to go.  I am creating this one document for my Sales and Marketing teams. I want to make it really easy to use with selections. I am thinking there is a way to expand so that each of my teams opens the one document and only sees the tabs that they need to see. 

If I may ask another question. I believe I can create a text box the same size as my chart.  Make it a top top layer and put a condtional message if there are no selections in the current selections.  I have not done it before but I read it somewhere.

• Re: Re: Tips,Ideas, Etc on Tab Views
                    Nicole Smith

Hi David,

You should be able to do everything you've mentioned with a mix of section access and by using OSUser() or QVUser() depending on how you set up the document.

You can create a text box with a conditional message about the current selections.  For this, I think you want to look into the function GetCurrentSelections():

getcurrentselections ([RecordSep [, TagSep [,ValueSep [, MaxValues]]]])

Returns a string with the current selections in the document.

RecordSep is the separator to be put between field records. The default is <CR><LF>.

TagSep is the separator to be put between the field name tag and the field values. The default is ': '.

ValueSep is the separator to be put between field values. The default is ', '.

Maxvalues is the maximum number of field values to be individually listed. When a larger number of values is selected the format 'x of y values' will be used instead. The default is 6.

Examples

getcurrentselections ( )

getcurrentselections ( chr(13)&chr(10) , ' = ' )

getcurrentselections ( chr(13)&chr(10) , ' : ' , ' ; ' )

getcurrentselections ( chr(13)&chr(10) , ' : ' , ' ; ' , 10 )