Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Highlight today on a chart

I have a standard line chart that tracks sales versus target figure on a accumulated basis through the month. I need some way to highlight or draw attention to todays date on the chart, either on the x axis or on the actual line of the graph.

(This is in case you go a day or two with no sales, as the line is flat from today onwards anyway (as it is accumulated sales) , it is hard to spot at a glance.)

I've tried to conditional format the axis etc but this seems to change the entire axix figures, not just todays date.

Has anyone any ideas, or workarounds to make todays date or that point on the chart stand out.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Expand the Expression you will some properties

1.You didn't used data points over the line then use "Show Value", Expression as If(DateField=Today(),1,0). else go for second option

2. Use "Text color" to represent todays value in different color, Expression as If(DateField=Today(),Green(), Black())

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Expand the Expression you will some properties

1.You didn't used data points over the line then use "Show Value", Expression as If(DateField=Today(),1,0). else go for second option

2. Use "Text color" to represent todays value in different color, Expression as If(DateField=Today(),Green(), Black())