Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

The corresponding number

Hello,

There is a require to fulfill:

The data structure is like the below table:

data.PNG.png

The target report should be like this:

report.PNG.png

In the "Owner Total" column, it should show the corresponding records' number of "Sub Type Name".

Ie, using the above data structure for example, the record number of "17-25" should be 2, then the number 2 shown in the "Owner Total" column, and if the Sub Type Name value is "36-45", then the number 3 should be shown in the "Owner Total" column.

So who can tell me how should I do? It's urgent. Please help me. Thanks very much in advance.

Best regards,

CoCo

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is it possible to attach sample app or data.

Where is the data for "Type Name" and "Sub Type Name"

Not applicable
Author

For soem reason, your Account.qvd is blank, can you provide with sample data and what is the Key/Link between Account and Customer profile report?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Maybe is the problem of the file path. Please try again.

Thanks very much.

CoCo

Not applicable
Author

This is the new qvw file.

Not applicable
Author

Hello everyone,

It's urgent to solve this issue. Can anyone else help me ?

Thank you!

CoCo

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The above report cannot be made that way in QlikView, because you are mixing metadata with data. "Type" and "Type Name" are metadata - they are fields that are not found in the real data (and cannot be inferred from data either). But the "Sub Type Name" contains real data values, but from different fields.

What you should do, is to create one pivot table per "Type Name" value and organize it on the screen so that it resembles the structure you want. The two charts below are equivalent to your "Age" and your "Education"

Image1.png

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henric,

Thanks too much. I'll have a try according to your suggestions.

But the above report's structure is the customer required, so do you have any other methods to fulfill the requirement?

Would you please think again?

Thanks too much.

CoCo

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Are you counting the [Sub Type Name] based on Name (Lily1, Lily2, ...) field? If so, it has to be there in your sample qvw file.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Henric is absolutely correct, but for client requirements you can check below attachment. It may help you