1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 27, 2014 6:51 PM by Carlos Reyes RSS

Use of theme from Demo

Hi all,

i would like to take over the complete design of the demos for my own application. I would only change some colors. e. g http://us.demo.qlik.com/detail.aspx?appName=Human%20Resources.qvw

I saw somewhere that i can export the document layout und import in my own application (xml). But i i did it without success.

I really like to use the top design for my next Dashboard as they really look nice.

Could you please help me?

Many Thanks

Fabrice

• Re: Use of theme from Demo
          Carlos Reyes

As far as I know there is no easy way to extract a qvw template and use it in another qvw... There is a wizard that is supposed to help you with that but I've never had success using it. What you can do is... download, open and replace the script in the demo qvw and then start creating your objects in that file. That way you can use the backgrounds and all those nice effects.

If you need to copy an object properties, open another instance of QV and open the demo in it. In the demo, select the object whose properties you want to copy and select the copy format icon (paintbrush ), then clic on the object in which you want to apply those properties.

Regards.