In your expression, expand "longitude" and double click on "Background Color". Here type expressions like:
=if(VPDBA = 'ALBERTSONS SUPERVALU', blue(),
if(VPDBA = 'COSTCO WHOLESALE', green(),
This will take care of your color question.
I will read your other questions and see if I can be of any help.
For the 1st point you have another solution, more simple I think if you have more chain Banner.
Just add, in the dimension, chain banner as a second dimension, then go to the color panel to set the color you want to assign.
In the expression, supress what you have in the background color
Rakesh already addresses your question about colors.
With regards to your other question, I'd suggest addressing it with Set Analysis expressions, and sometimes with simple selections:
- Show all locations that carry Black Cherry - simple selection of Black Cherry will do the job.
- Show all locations that don't carry... - this can be done with "Select Excluded"
- Combinations of included and excluded - here you'll need to get into Set Analysis Expressions. For example, have the user select Product and Retailer and create expressions like:
- Selected Retailer that carries selected products
- Selected Retailer that does not carry select products
- Other (not selected) retailers that carry selected products, etc...
I'm not sure what's happening with slider bars... Probably has to do with the translations of pixels into long/lat and back. The map is working properly as long as the "static min" and "static max" on the Axis tab are calculated properly, with relation to the current zoom factor of the Google map. I suspect than adding scroll bars creates some distortions..