Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiagopost
Contributor III
Contributor III

Serial Number not accepted

Hi everybody,

My client have an licence to his server test, but QVS are no getting it.

A have no most options avaible in System > Setup > QVS

In general tab, there is no space to serial number and control number.

qvs_test.png

qvs_prod.png

In the services, appears the status: off duty

But the client do not have other servers running this license in the same network. (As far as I know)

The date that is show in LEF (PRODUCTLEVEL) is 2013-08-01. And TEST_EDITION;YES;;

Is it possible that, this license is out to date?

Someone could give me some advice?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tiagopost
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Peter, it could be something like this. Most cases I found was same thing.

But, in this case, the problem was ... 2 possibles

1 - Old instalation. In the past, the server was the production server. They buy another server and this became test server. They just change the LEF and that's it. We delete all old qlikview server stuff and reinstall it from the beggining.

2 - Version of qlikview server. We change the version and put the same as is running in prodution serer.

This 2 steps, (or just one of them) solve the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Tiago,

Looks like it´s outdated, costumer needs to get a new license key or renew this one.

Cheers

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Probably not out of date (my server says 2013-09-06 and is still humming happily on), but this is a Test server. I guess this license is already in use somwhere on this network (without load balancing), as that's the most probable cause of status "Off Duty".

BTW the license and control numbers are to be entered in System->Licenses->QlikView Server->QlikView Server License.

Good luck,

Peter

tiagopost
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Nelson!

tiagopost
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Peter, it could be something like this. Most cases I found was same thing.

But, in this case, the problem was ... 2 possibles

1 - Old instalation. In the past, the server was the production server. They buy another server and this became test server. They just change the LEF and that's it. We delete all old qlikview server stuff and reinstall it from the beggining.

2 - Version of qlikview server. We change the version and put the same as is running in prodution serer.

This 2 steps, (or just one of them) solve the problem.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

That date is your maintenace end date. This means you don't have maintenace and will not be able to upgrade to any major release.

If the LEF has a specific time limit then that will show up as a special line in the LEF. However, most LEFs do not have this restriction but all LEFs will have a product date. Any major versions that were released after the product date will not accept the LEF.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

This isn't the place you would input your license number. It is under the Licenses page.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
tiagopost
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This make sense