4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2014 12:31 AM by Rochelle John RSS

Full Time QlikView Front-End Developer Role; Rackspace

Andrew Quirin

Hello QlikView Community,

We're hiring for a QlikView Dev role, check it out:

https://uscareers-rackspace.icims.com/jobs/9244/bi-developer/job

I've been a Developer at Rackspace for the past several years. It's a great place to work (ranked in the top 100 each year). The atmosphere is very laid back and low stress. Plus the people are smart, hard-working, and fun to be around. The office comes equipped with food trucks, a slide, several arcades, nerf guns, and other neat perks. Additionally, Rackspace is a leader in the cloud computing space, and it's great to get to work with these cutting edge technologies.

Check out the post to see if it's for you.

Andy

• Re: Full Time QlikView Front-End Developer Role; Rackspace
          Michael Gardner

You had me at food truck...applying immediately!  Though I'm requesting Lobster Rolls as a signing bonus.

Andrew Quirin

We're still looking!!

We are hiring at Rackspace – I think you would be great for our BI Developer position. If you are interested, please apply below.

Apply Here

Let me know how it goes!

A bit more about the position:

We are seeking a BI Developer who will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing Qlikview BI solutions. The BI Developer will need to intimately understand the business requirements and recommend the most optimal strategy to implement them, provide timing and delivery estimates for the effort, and implement the enhancements. This person will need to have regular face-to-face interactions with business leaders and provide thorough communication about reports to business owners. This person will join a team of analysts to draw conclusions and develop robust reports and dashboards that will be used by business owners.

Responsibilities:

• Day to day responsibility developing and maintaining the business intelligence framework
            • Subject matter expert in extraction of information from EFD, Star and Snowflake schemas
            • Building operational and ad-hoc reports
            • Building reports that take advantage of OLAP/Dimensional Modeling capabilities
            • Building executive dashboards and corporate scorecards
            • Work with customers to define their requirements and create information delivery solutions that meet their needs utilizing “best practices.”
            • Determine optimal design strategy to implement requirements.
            • Provide timing and delivery estimates to implement recommended design, and present it to team for review.
            • Implement approved solution design. Conduct performance tests on implemented solution
            • Support enhancement of existing solutions on an as-needed basis.
            • Support ad hoc reporting projects on an as-needed basis.
            • Groups similar data sets together to provide reports and analysis.
            • Compiles data summaries and creates basic views and reports.
            • Merge, transform, manipulate, and create datasets into required format for analysis.
            • Graph, chart, plot, and summarize data.
            • Develop and maintain supporting documentation
            • Work under minimal supervision on complex projects and may assist less experienced peers.
            • Applies business knowledge to analyzes and interpret data sets and identify root causes of problems and performance exposures.
            • Prepares summaries, presentations, and graphic representations of projects.
            • Works with managers and analysts to capture business requirements.

The ideal candidate will have the following:

• Intermediate SQL development skills consistent with advanced report writing.
            • Business analysis skills to allow for the creation of report definitions and specifications.
            • Familiarity with various database platforms and utilities: MSSQL 2000/2005, My SQL, Oracle 9i, 10g or DB2 UDB. Must have the ability to provide FANATICAL support.
            • Intermediate knowledge of data assets, data requirements, and data reporting.
            • Intermediate skills in publishing regular updates on data requirements and trends.
            • Ability to provide thorough work, attention to detail, and consistently accurate reporting.
            • Minimum 2+ years experience using SQL for the purpose of data analysis and reporting.

Hi Andy,

My name is Jason DuBois, I work for Archipelago. I am a Business Development Manager focused on theplacement of key data warehouse and BI experts for Archipelago. Archipelago is an IT professional service firm, specializing in business intelligence and data warehousing resources. One of Archipelago’s  great resources isavailable now. They are one of the best QlikView Architects in North America. If there anyway Archipelago can help fill your current needs please contact me at jdubois@archipelagois.com and we can discuss further.

Thanks,

Jason

Rochelle John

Hi Andy,

Hi,

I am an Indian Female Candidate,aged 26.

This is with regard to the Business Consultant (Qlikview)opportunity with your organization that has been posted.

I have close to 4 years of pure technical and functional experience in the field across Banking,Finance,Telecom,HR and Operational Verticals.

I am looking for an opportunity Onsite on Priority and wish to be considered for the same.I am looking at the role from a long term perspective and association with the organization .As per your job description,I believe I can be a good fitment for the same.

I have already applied online as mentioned in your post.

Please get back to me..

Best,

Rochelle