3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2014 2:28 AM by ben lim RSS

Ad hoc interface in QV using comparative analysis

ben lim

Hi all, I am using a Comparative Analysis to do an ad hoc interface for user to do their self retrieving of information easily.

The problem I face is that in my database, we kind of merge different databases together.

Say in Alternate State A I have database A values and Alternate State B I have database B value.

Each database has a different concept,

in database A, it talks about volume of container box that is being performed. In a container box there is Empty or Full. We call this Container_Class_Name.

In database B, it talks about volume of container box that is not performed, in that category, there is E of F field (which means Empty or Full) We call this Transit_Container_Class_Name.

Is there any way that I can do a customized dimension that means Empty refers to Alternate State A Container Class Name Empty and ALternate State B Container Class Name E

This is becasue If i will to use a default field in the dimension say ALternate state A Container Class Name, the figures will be different for Alternnat State B Transit_Container_Class_Name even though it means the same.

Is valuelist the solution? i tried but it seems that there is error when doing the expression,