Sorry not Developer Licenses. User Licenses
I have been informed if a company example
Samsung develop an app - they purchase user cals and doc cals
Their client eg Nokia say can we view your reports.
So Samsung set up logins to their access point and assign a user cal to Nokia so Nokia can view Samsung Qlikview Apps.
Is this allowed.
I was informed all licenses need to stay within a single company for internal use and the example i have given abouve requires additional licenses that cost more?
This is what i was told and needed to clarify please
The License which we are currently in use for Server:
- QlikView Enterprise Edition (EE) Server
- QlikView Publisher
And for user:
- Document CALs
- Named User CALs
Both, server and user licences are only for internal use. That means that is only allowed for employees of Company to use the licences.
For customer of Company there will need the following licences:
- QlikView Extranet Server (max 3 Documents per Module)
- Session CALs (min 5 per Extranet Server Module)
The clients could use a QlikView cloud platform like QlikView OnDemand.
This will solve several problems:
- clients doesn't have to buy licences, they can rent one for a small fee
- the clients doesn't need to invest in hardware or administration specialists
- the company doesn't have to give access to internal network
- the clients doesn't consume company's resources