Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ENQUIRY: QlikView SVG Map (SVG Reader)

I downloaded and installed an Extension - QlikView SVG Map.

I have some questions about it:

1. Extension can be used in QlikVIew Desktop WebView only? (When I switched-off the WebView, it showed "unknown charttype")
  2. How to apply the original SVG provided by the SVG Reader? (How could I retrieve the info.of the SVG?)
  3. How to create and apply a custom SVG? (external creation)

Thank you.

3 Replies
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Hi,

1. All extensions work in web view mode only. Webview utilizes web technologies and AJAX to display.

2. There should be an example QVW showing an SVG map that is set up and working. To use the maps that come with the extension, you can pick one from the drop down list. The SVGs themselves are sitting in the folder for the extension.

3. To create a custom SVG, you can either use a tool like Inkscape and draw it yourself, or go find an SVG online of what you need. Then you just need to make sure the different drawn components on the SVG have IDs that match your data set in the region dimension.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply!

1. Therefore, in the same way, QlikView Access Point should be able to view the chart created by extensions.
  2. There is only one .qar file (QlikView SVG Map (SVG Reader)) in QlikMarket. If I need to connect to the map provided, should I open the file with any editor and editor the xml?
Not applicable
Author

As found, this post should be useful:

SvgReader mapping extension now stored on GitHub