Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to increase QV server based speed?

Hi,

I have QV based on server with ca 3-5 million data rows uploaded and QV based on a server. Using QV via web-browser with that kind of data volume is really slow. The lag is big. Can you recommend any smart ways to increase the speed of web-browser based version?

- I'm using Explorer. I was told that Chrome is much quicker but for some reason I'm having problems with logging in (Explorer works Chrome doesn't - I all the time get "login failed" messages)

Many thanks,

Thomas

2 Replies
agilos_mla
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How does look like you data model?

How is you server ? RAM/CPU/ Nbr of concurrents User? Size of Document?

How is the content of the complexity of the document? (ex displaying straight table with complex set analysis on 5 milions rows is CPU consumming, add some aggr function within and you'll need also some more RAM...

Is the QVS running on a virtual machine, if yes does the VM is dedicated to QV?

You could run some load testing with JMeter

Michael

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

5 million rows should not be any problem for QlikView. Probably more of a problem because of one or more of the following:

• Not enough memory. Monitor your server memory usage. QVS becomes awfully slow when running short on memory.
  • Not enough CPUs for parallel resolving of selections and associations. Monitor your server CPU usage.
  • Your datamodel may be sub-optimal. Try not to use any excessive table chains. Throwing it all in one big table makes for a incredibly responsive application, on condition that the previous items are all ok.
  • Chrome indeed has an excellent javascript engine, and performance improvements are substantial when switching over from IE. I suggest you start a separate thread to resolve your "login failed" problem.

Best,

Peter