Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

copy one environment from one server machine to another

Hello

I'm working on QV 11.2 SR5

we have a development server on which we have the documents and tasks defined on them

the QV server has publisher installed

there is another server (deployment)

what shall I do to copy all content and settings from server 1 to server 2

Please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The best you can do is setup the new server and then use the remote management service to move the task over.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

what is this remote management service? may you please elaborate?

gonzaloruizgonz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

HI,

A another way is to.

1-Insatll qlikview as default on your new machine, A new installation (next next , Finish)

2-MOve your source and user documents to the new server.(the path need to be identical) also move the share and metafiles.

3-Move your qvpr folder under from your old server to your new. The qvpr is under:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR

4-And here we are the complicated part, you need to rename all services under QMC>system> setup

to the right machine name after you moved the QVPR.

When you do this, stop all service on the old machine, that will be your backup in case something goes wrong.

Good luck!!!

//GOnza

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

what if on the new server QlikView server is installed on D:\ Drive not on the default location?

gonzaloruizgonz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thats ok, The driver can be diferent. (BUT ONLY THE DRIVER), the rest need to be the same.You need ofcorse change from x:\blabla to d:\blabla manually every where in the QMC consolse after the QVPR migration.(logs, source, temp)

DOn´t worry, you have the olve server as backup. AND REMEBER, STOP THE SERVICES IN THE OLD ENVIORMEND.

B//Gnza