Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider login failed for user xxxx

hi guys,

Able to login through NT ID,but not through loginid and password into sql server database!

i'm getting the folowing error " Test connection failed because of an error in intializing provider login failed for user xxxx(user loginid)"

could u p[ls help any one!!!

thx

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think this is not a qlikview problem. You will need to ask your database administrator for help to resolve this issue. Possibly the SQL Server does not allow login by user/password, but only allows Windows authentication mode. Perhaps you need to tell the oledb driver to use integrated security. Put Integrated Security=true; in the connection string (if you didn't select that option when setting up the connection).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think this is not a qlikview problem. You will need to ask your database administrator for help to resolve this issue. Possibly the SQL Server does not allow login by user/password, but only allows Windows authentication mode. Perhaps you need to tell the oledb driver to use integrated security. Put Integrated Security=true; in the connection string (if you didn't select that option when setting up the connection).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand