6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2014 3:51 AM by Friedrich Hofmann RSS

Trellis chart - split the caption also

Friedrich Hofmann

Hi,

is there any easy and elegant way, when for a given chart you activate the "Trellis" option so that you have 2 or 4 separate charts,

to split the caption according to the same criteria?

<=> The only way I can think of - I have done this before - is to deactivate the caption altogether and generate so many individual free_text_boxes instead - but that is pretty time-consuming and it looks okay, but not optimal..

=> Is there no easier way?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

• Re: Trellis chart - split the caption also
          whiteline _

Hi.

By default you'll see the values of trellis dimension as captions.

If you want to modify the text, try calculated dimension with aggr().

=aggr([expression to get caption], [trellis dimention])

Friedrich Hofmann

Hi whiteline,

yes, I know. The values of the trellis_dimension is written above the chart_area as a caption.

=> That is okay, but it's not what I meant:

<=> If I have two expressions to display in each of my charts - four in total - I'll see all four in one compact block that cannot be separated on the right-hand side of it all. It's that block that I'd like to split in two (for my two Trellis_charts).

As I said, I've done that by deactivating the automatic caption and instead creating so many free_text_boxes, but as those are a bit tricky to move around and the text is necessarily inside, not beside a coloured area (as it is in the automatic caption), it is not quite perfect. (otherwise, I'd need double the nr. of free_text_boxes and I'd have twice the trouble in aligning them properly for I can't even use the cursor_keys to do that, only the mouse...

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Hi DataNibbler,

is there any easy and elegant way, when for a given chart you activate the "Trellis" option so that you have 2 or 4 separate charts,

to split the caption according to the same criteria?

<=> The only way I can think of - I have done this before - is to deactivate the caption altogether and generate so many individual free_text_boxes instead - but that is pretty time-consuming and it looks okay, but not optimal..

=> Is there no easier way?

PFA For ur Problem Solution.

Best regards,

Damu