Running the reload as a task from QV Server will enabling logging of the task in the QlikView logs and will allow you to configure email alerts if the job fails.
You will also have an indicator on the QlikView Management Console (QMC) Status screen, for any failed jobs.
You can also set dependencies between the tasks, so the DAR reload can be set to run on completion of the QVD reload.
- you can power down your PC, no more wasting electricity. A qlikview server is up 24hrs anyway.
- great task management through the QMC, even remotely. You'll love the clean UI.
- easy task chaining. You found out about that yourself.
- greater flexibility, especially if you have a Publisher.
- multiple parallel reloads
- automatic publication of documents via the AccessPoint
- a document reloaded by the server cannot be opened in PE anymore, as the server is a licensed user.
IMHO it's always better to let the QVS take care of tasks that should be automated anyway.