One year of experience in the design and development of QlikView applications
The Milliman Indianapolis Health Practice consults to a broad array of clients in the health care field. Our focus is data driven analysis to enable these clients to make better business decisions and improve communications internally and externally.
Clients of Milliman often have a unique business question that cannot be addressed by an off-the-shelf solution. Our consultants use their diverse backgrounds, work experience and skills to develop a unique approach for each client, addressing their specific needs.
Milliman is an equal opportunity employer.
The QlikView Developer will be responsible for working with a project manager to design and develop QlikView applications that will support further data analysis. A QlikView Developer will work cross functionally to develop robust project plans used to support the client engagement. A background in data analysis and Business Intelligence (BI), as well as professional writing skills, are essential.
The QlikView Developer is required to work in the Indianapolis, IN office of Milliman.
Join a variety of analytic teams focused on developing insightful statistical models and dynamic reports for leaders in the healthcare industry. Tasks will vary between:
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing QlikView applications
- Solving new business problems by combining available data with your knowledge, skills, and teamwork
- Design and production of high-quality QlikView applications
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field is preferred, but any bachelor’s degree plus appropriate experience will be considered
- QlikView 11 Developer Certification
- Experience creating QlikView applications to support advanced business analytics. This experience should be focused on solving real world problems using data and programming
- Data presentation expertise including best practices for tables and visualizations
- A solid grasp of programming fundamentals
- Strong programming skills in SQL
- A combination of intelligence and initiative to propose solutions to business problems without assistance
- Communication skills necessary to work with team members efficiently, contribute to all planning and designing stages, and present their results convincingly
- A keen data intuition
- Advanced computer science knowledge including:
- Programming experience in any general purpose or compiled languages.
- Programming experience in at least one domain specific language for data analysis and statistics (SAS, R, SPSS, etc.)
- Any modern BI ETL tool experience (SSIS, Kettle, etc.)
- Experience with version control software (GitHub, SVN, etc.)
- Healthcare specific experience with knowledge of the following topics:
- Familiarity with claims and membership data
- Understanding of common benefit designs and implications
- A hunger to always learn more
Please include written responses to the following questions when submitting your resume.
- What is your background and level of experience with QlikView?
- What are some of the limitations of QlikView that you have experienced?
- What is a synthetic key? When are they acceptable, and when should they be avoided?
- What is set analysis? Provide an example where set analysis would be appropriate.
Milliman is a global consulting and actuarial firm and a recognized leader in the markets we serve. We owe our standing to the quality of our consultants and employees, who are among the most satisfied in the industry.
Milliman offers talented and self-motivated individuals a place to achieve and grow. Our entrepreneurial environment rewards excellence and innovation. Our unique culture creates an atmosphere where bright employees have the opportunity to produce superior work and can chart their own careers. With our client-focused approach and unmatched depth and breadth of expertise, Milliman delivers practical solutions to challenging, future-oriented business problems.
Milliman offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You will be eligible for an incentive bonus and profit sharing, while enjoying opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
QlikView Developer.doc 72.0 K