5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2014 1:27 PM by Michael Tarallo RSS

Expressor Repository Services not running

Hi

I installed the expressor recently. but I my express repository services not running. can anybody help with this issue.

Thanks in Advance

• Re: Expressor Repository Services not running
          Michael Tarallo

Hello Arun -

This can be a few things from account privileges used to start the service to just a simple reboot being needed.

1. Try a reboot
          2. If the service is listed as automatic and it is not started, just manually start it
          3. If you get an error note the error and check the Windows Event Log for detail
          4. Ensure the account used to start the service has privileges to run as a service

If none of this helps, uninstall and re-install and make sure you run the installation program as Administrator.

1. Right click on the installer (.exe) and select run as Administrator

Any of these related solutions should fix your problem, if not please let us know and we will continue the investigation.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Product Marketing Manager

QlikView and QlikView Expressor

For the Repository to run you must install a Standard or Enterprise license.

Do you have a license?

Is your Repository installed onto the same computer as the Expressor Server or Desktop?

If installed onto the same computer as Desktop, you can use Desktop to install the license.

If not installed onto the same computer as Desktop, you need to use the elicense command to install the license.

Michael Tarallo

Ahhhh - good note John, I assumed that Arun was using a Standard / Enterprise version of QlikView Expressor installed locally otherwise the Repository Service would not have been installed.

Arun, that is one of the items I forgot in my list - you need to enter in the license given to you by our sales teams to use the Standard / Enterprise feature (such as the repository).

Otherwise, QlikView Desktop (free) - does not have the repository and can only execute Dataflows in a interactive fashion (need to press Start).

Standard / Enterprise allows you to package a Dataflow and execute it on another system that has the QlikView Expressor engine installed. That way Dataflows can be scheduled with a 3rd party scheduled or even the QlikView Distribution Service (Publisher).

Thanks for clarifying John.

Mike

Thanks I found the solution.