cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jldengra
Creator
Creator

Load from FTP fails in QlikView Server

When I reload my document in QlikView Desktop on my PC, it works to load data from a .csv file from a FTP server. But when I reload the same document in QlikView Server with the same QlikView version it does not work to load data from the same .csv file from the same FTP server.

The error message in the log file is Error: Cannot open file

Our system administrator says that it is required a FTP passive mode, and QlikView seems not to allow it. There is an option called "Passive Semantic" in the assistant for the FTP connection at design time, but it seems not to work since when I check it, the generated code is the same as when I do not check it.

Is this a bug?

What can I do to enforce my script to perform a FTP connection using the passive mode?

Does anyone have any idea to fix this?

At this moment I am "fixing it" by performing the reload from a batch process calling the client from my machine, and it properly obtains the files from the FTP Server and make an incremental load into QVDs, but I want to do it by a Publisher task by reloading the QlikView document from the QlikView server.

My question is related to this issue, but this time the firewall is off:

Load from ftp failes in QlikView Server but works in QlikView Desktop

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jldengra
Creator
Creator
Author

From Qlikview Support, they told me to check the Passive Sematics for FTP option at document level, and not in the assistant for the FTP connection at design time, which does not work. It properly connects FTP using passive mode by checking this option at Configuration / Document Properties.

This definitively fix it and make possible to reload the document by a Publisher task in the server.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jldengra
Creator
Creator
Author

From Qlikview Support, they told me to check the Passive Sematics for FTP option at document level, and not in the assistant for the FTP connection at design time, which does not work. It properly connects FTP using passive mode by checking this option at Configuration / Document Properties.

This definitively fix it and make possible to reload the document by a Publisher task in the server.