Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible, If I click on the button in the my “dashboard 1” it should open the “dashboard 2” with the same filters which are selected in the “dashboard 1” , vise versa. ?

Hi Team,

Is it possible, If I click on the button in the my “dashboard 1” it should open the “dashboard 2” with the same  filters which are selected in the “dashboard 1” , vise versa ?

Best Regards,

MVV Satish.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Satish,

Yes, you can achieve it by using following Action:

Action Type: External

Action: Open Qlikview Document

Then in the document box, give the complete path of your document to be opened.

Check the option "Transfer State" or "Apply State On Top of Current" based on your requirements.

Apply State : Will clear the selections in second file and apply the selections from first file.

Apply State On Top Of Current : Will retain the selections in second file and apply original file's selection on top of that.

Hope this helps!

Edit : PFA the file, change the location per your files' location.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Shyamal, Satish,

that's right. That way you can actually pass any piece of (pre-selected) information between two qvw's - by creating a small inline_table in both (must be identical) and then setting a trigger in one to select something in that table and passing that selection to the other app.

That's also the way to go if you want to implement document_chaining with a kind of "back" button.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

Hi SatishMVV,

I think it using document channing that already @Shyamal05 mentioned,

but sometime it not running on some case, you must have a macro script or using terminate session (this is my friend tell me).

i'm also new explore this thing,

Thanks.