Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hdonald
Creator
Creator

Combining Bookmarks - very slowly.

While trying out set analysis syntax to combine Bookmarks (using Qv9 SR4),

e.g. =sum( {$ * (BM01+BM02) } ForecastSales ),

I'm getting very slow response times depending on how the Bookmarks are created.

If BM01 is created by a macro (ActiveDocument.CreateDocBookmark false, HDBM01, BM01, 1 ) response time is 200 seconds.

If BM01 is created manually with the same settings, as a shared server bookmark, response time is 1 second.

Both give the same, correct, result but why the slow response on macro created server bookmarks ?

Can I do anything about this ?

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you sure that the bookmark created by the macro is identical to that created manually?

Check the current selections after applying each of them.

Hope this helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
hdonald
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes - I've just checked again and the selections (only 3 fields selected) are the same.

I've created BM01 with the macro - noted the long response - then recalled BM01 and saved manually as BM02.

BM02 then responds in 1 or 2 seconds when used in the set analysis syntax while the original takes 3+ minutes.

The sheet being bookmarked does contain an input field - could that be a problem ?.

I don't see an option for 'CreateDocBookmark' to save Input Field values.

H.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Perhaps someone else could comment on whether there is a performance difference between a document and a server bookmark?

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
hdonald
Creator
Creator
Author

After a bit more testing - comparing the Current Selections before and after the save and recalls - I've fixed the performance problem.

It was the Input Sum field.

It seems that because I had a selection on the Input Sum field being zero, then you have to clear that field in the macro before saving with 'CreateDocBookmark' .

Then it can be used in Set Analysis - otherwise there is a long delay.

I'd prefer to get the macro to save the Input Field with the bookmark ...anyone know how to do that ?

H.