5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2014 6:36 AM by Bill Britt RSS

Qlikview Server Security  (QMC)

Agnivesh Kumar

Hi,

I have windows server and it has many user groups for different different application, and at QMC we have selected NTFS Authorization.

Due to this each user which belongs to all user group , they can see all documents, no effect of named cal found , if user have it.

So what is the meaning for Windows autherization , means no value of Named Cal.

Please help.

• Re: Qlikview Server Security  (QMC)
          Bill Britt

Hi,

You can't assign Named CALs to groups. They have to be assigned to each user.

Bill

• Re: Qlikview Server Security  (QMC)
              Agnivesh Kumar

Hi Bill,

Sorry ,the framing of my question was not good it seems and thats why your answer was also not upto the mark. I will reframe the question  for you.

We have 'n' number of User Groups , which has many users in common. Also we have provided Windows Securrity in QMC. Some users from different user groups are assigned Named Cals. If we remove Named Cal license from any one of the user , he is still able to see the applications from Access Point (if he belongs to one of the user group ). I dont know why is this happening, this seems that Named Cal license is of no use. Is the issue faced by me ,because of the session cals ?