Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

There is no ODBC driver in qlikview 9? How to get ODBC driver for qlikview 9.0?

Hello Everybody,

In qlikview 8.5 we already have ODBC driver installed, but in qlikview 9.0 there is no ODBC driver. Do i need to install drives seperatly,is it availabe for download.

or/////

IF possible ....how can connect to datasource(MS Access database) without ODBC driver?

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

ODBC drivers must be installed on your operating system. If you are using a 64 bit system, it may be available for 32 bit applications but not for 64 bit version of QlikView.

You might be able to select OLE DB Jet driver for MSAccess anyway.

Hope that helps

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

There isn´t an ODBCconnection to qlikview 9, but it will be back in version 10.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi There,

ODBC drivers are to do with your machine set up rather than QlikView. You probably want to download and install the Microsoft MDAC drivers from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=78cac895-efc2-4f8e-a9e0-3a1a...

If possible it is usually to use OLE DB to connect to data sources rather than ODBC. You tend to get better throughput with OLE DB.

Hope that helps,
Steve

klaus_feldam
Creator II
Creator II

I have not found any help with MDAC or MS Office for the challenges we were having with MS Access ODBC drivers in our QlikView 9 64-bit environment. I spent several days looking into this and tried everything, until I finally found a solution. This one works, guaranteed:

Install Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable on your 64-bit server and you have your 64-bit MS Access driver. It works like a champ:

http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/details.aspx?familyid=C06B8369-60DD-4B64-A44B-84B371EDE16D&displa...

Please note: Both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available on this page. Make sure you download and install AccessDatabaseEngine_X64.exe.

Good luck!

Not applicable
Author

Thank you all for your response,

hi! klaus.feldam..........i ll try with Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010..........

Thank you again

Not applicable
Author

Thank you all for your response,

hi! klaus.feldam..........i ll try with Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010..........

Thank you

Patel

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

My mistake.

Do you need microsoft office or Access installed to get the ODBC Drivers.

Somewhere in microsoft site you can find an installer with ODBC Drivers only.

yasus
Contributor III
Contributor III

Well, I can't find any ODBC Driver for Qlikview in the 10th version. Any ideas how I can use the old 8.5 driver to use Qlikview as data source in Excel? I've installed both. Qlikview 8.5 and 10, but when trying to select Qlikview as data source in Excel version 10 opens obligatory which do not support Qlikview tables as a source. I had no problems with Qlikview 9.0 using the old 8.5 driver.