5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2014 6:41 AM by Colin Albert RSS

Creation of Schema Question

Hi All!

Just a question regarding creating the schema in Qlikview. I have this kind of table:

datatable.png

I have a reference table (Product Reference Table) and I need to connect it to the 2 detail tables. The thing is, the reference table is also one of the filters so I did not left join the reference table to the details. How am I going to achieve this? The product reference table consist of the product code and the product description. How am I gonna connect it without having a circular problem on my source.

Thank you in advance.

Donna

• Re: Creation of Schema Question
          Rohit Koul

Hi Donna,

you can simply load the "product reference table" twice by changing its column name or using Qualify statements like

Load*,

[product code] as PCDetail_code1

[roduct description] as PCDetail_description1

and connect it with left side of Detail table.

then load againg the same "product reference table" with

Load*,

[product code] as PCDetail2

[roduct description] as PCDetail_description2

and connect it with left side of Detail table.

i assume "product code" will be the PK in "Detail Table" to connect with "product reference table" so rename

"product code"  to "PCDetail_code1"  and "PCDetail_code2" receptively in there table to connect with  "product reference table"

hope it was helpful

• Re: Creation of Schema Question
            Colin Albert

Can you use concatenate to merge the header tables to a single table with some common fields and then concatenate the detail tables to have a common product key but different measures. This will simplify the associations.