Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Control layout of worksheets

Looking for tips and hints on controlling the layout of QlikView documents.

i.e Ctrl + G brings up Design Grid to make life easier but can we precisely control a straigh table (i.e enter pixel sizes) and the columns widths in a straight table?

Being able to see where an object was positionsed in relation to the document would be handy as well.

Any other hints or tips welcome.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Note (to myself) : The design align buttons (in the Design toolbar above) don't align against the worksheet but only other selected items.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
its_anandrjs

Use Design Menu Bar for designing there is so many option for align for different types suggested use that bar from

View -> Toolbars -> Design

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

More like this (which I just found). Handy for the objects if not table control.

Ctrl+ arrow keys when an object(s) is selected to move it 1 pixel at a time which is perfect for getting that pixel perfect alignment that’s essential to getting a professional looking dashboard.

Ctrl+Shift arrow keys; as above but moves the object(s) 10 pixels at a time.

Not applicable
Author

Note (to myself) : The design align buttons (in the Design toolbar above) don't align against the worksheet but only other selected items.

Not applicable
Author

One more might be:

Click on a chart and then press Ctrl + Shift , a red border would appear defining the size of the chart an dividing it into separate sections which you can modify.

Not applicable
Author

Another note to myself.

On the General tab  in properties there is the ability to position objects against the worksheet.

PrashantSangle

Hi,

go to the Property->Caption .

Set X-pos, Y-pos,Width and Height

regards,

PS

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂