Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Some of my bar graph bars are offset and I cannot change them

Hello all,

I am using a vertical bar chart to display a Gantt chart within QlikView. I have already gotten all the data to be displayed correctly and as I want it. However, I noticed that when a large amount of projects are selected (I have vertical scroll enabled to not limit any results), some of the bars become skewed randomly. It always to appear to be the same projects which is strange. When I click on that offset bar, it is displayed fine. I have tried tweaking the bar distance and clutter distance to no avail. I included pics to better show what I am talking about.

As you can see, the one with the * as well as others are very offset from the x-axis minor grid lines.

Full.jpg

However, when I clicked on the one with the * it is completely aligned on the x-axis.

Partial.jpg

Thank you,

Pete

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You're using either two dimensions or three expressions. For each value on the y-axis space is reserved for each possible Impact bar, i.e. spaces for three bars for each y-axis value. If you're using two dimensions perhaps you can use a calculated dimension. See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You're using either two dimensions or three expressions. For each value on the y-axis space is reserved for each possible Impact bar, i.e. spaces for three bars for each y-axis value. If you're using two dimensions perhaps you can use a calculated dimension. See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Seems ok to me. Could you upload the sample ?

Not applicable
Author

Using the dual statement as a single dimension solved it. Thank you very much!