cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QV SBE DMS / Custom directory support

Hi ALL,

a very important question which I like to ask is whether or not QB SBE (small business edition)

supports DMS and allow a custom directory creation ? Actually one client looking for QV Implementation

but they have budget only for QV SBE and QV SBE does not support connection third part directories?

so how the users in QV SBE will be mananged and can we use custom directory in QV SBE???

ANANT 

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

No, this is not allowed with SBE. If you look at the server reference manual it will give you the limitations on the different version.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill For your Prompt Response !!

I know there is one way to restrict or manage users is to create local users on server where I

install QV server, like i create threee users locally X,Y,Z on server with there recpective password

will it work like if X access accees point then X will provide its password , and similarly Y and Z

I know this thing as I have seen this set up in one project but I doubt will section access will work

with this kind of set up?

anant

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Section Access will work, but you will not be able to use NTNAME. You will have to use USERID.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill !! lets see if this set up goes down well to customer .

take care

Bye

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I am facing same problem mentioned by Anant Dubey.

I have SBE license and there is no Active Directory present.

I have created 10 custom users and DMS authorization is disabled, in LEF information it is showing DISABLE_DMS;YES;; .

If this is not allowed with SBE then what is alternative solution to authorize document for custom users.

Please Please help.

- Lalit

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

DMS mode is not supported in SBE. Checkout page 90 in the 11.20 SR10 server reference manual.

Bill