Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Designing reports

Greetings,

I have a report which hsows the following fields: Reconciling Department, Account Number, Account Title, Description, Current Balance. The report is grouped by Reconciling Department. I have the page banded by reconciling department.At the bottom of each pag is a disclaimer. It works well except for two things. The report prints page that have no information and charts longer than the page get squeezed down. See attached.

I have been trying to figure this out for a long time so any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,

Frank

4 Replies
Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

1.jpg

5.jpg3.jpg

4.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick response.

The Attachment to G/L Reconciliation checklist report needs to have the textbox at the bottom of each page. A multi-page report does not have enough width in the footer for this.

A single page report squeezes the table onto one page with the Disclaimer at the bottom. It also puts the Department Name in the disclaimer at the bottom.

I think I need some kind of hybrid solution. I need the table to span multiple pages if it is longer than one page and I need the text box disclaimer at the bottom of each page. Is this possible?

Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

Can you place all desired repeatable items into the Main section of a multi-sectioned report instead of the footer?

Will Banding the report work (by some dimension) to keep the page contents, if available to a single sheet...would be akin to condensing the table content into the main section of the report.

By using Page Settings > Multi Page (for long tables) > this provides the flexibility to Adjust Print for Paper section > Scale to desired width and height of pages or Fit to Pages.

-Greg

Not applicable
Author

Greg, thank you for the helpful suggestions. I went witht he footer idea although I could have used the appendix feature and made it display on every page.