2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2014 6:38 AM by Artur Kaluza RSS

    Data loading disturbed by an accidental character

    Artur Kaluza


      Hi there,

       

      the problem i am experiencing with some of my csv files is that Qlikview stops loading data from the file when it encounters a special character - a little right arrow. I have no idea how the arrow ended up in the raw data file. the excel function 'CODE' says that the ascii code for this character is 26. So i tried to replace these with the following line of script:

      Replace(SURNAME, Chr(26), ' ') as SURNAME

      but this does not work.

       

      i could manually delete these columns that contain this guy but i'm not sure if i can catch them all.

      Below is an example of the troublemaker -also in the attached file. Any ideas how to fix this?

       

      Andrea Nicol

       

      thanks in advance,

      Artur

        • Re: Data loading disturbed by an accidental character
          Massimo Grossi

          I load your file without problem, below the script

          But do you have problem with the excel you posted or with another (csv) file?

           

          LOAD A,

               B,

               C,

               replace(D, Chr(26), ' ') as D,

               E

          FROM

          Book1.xlsx

          (ooxml, no labels, table is Sheet1);

            • Re: Data loading disturbed by an accidental character
              Artur Kaluza

              Hello,

               

              i've just noticed that this little annoying character didn't even show in the body of my previous post...

              The excel that I uploaded was not the best example as I have now discovered that this problem occurs in CSV files only and also Qlikview will load the recordthat contains this character but will not load any recordsbelow that one. The excel had one record only so it will load anyway.

               

              So in the beginning my load script ended with the following :

               

              (txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq);

              after ticking 'Ignore End of File' the problem seems to be sorted and the last line should look like that:

               

              (txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq, no eof);

               

              thanks,
              Artur