9 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2014 11:57 AM by Bill Britt RSS

Pulling multiple fields with the same name from Excel?

Hello all,

I am currently trying to create multiple charts in QlikView using a set of tables in an Excel spreadsheet. Essentially, I need to create a chart that compares how many entries we actually had each month vs. the planned entries. For additional details on the QlikView chart I made, see this link (http://community.qlik.com/thread/116265).

The chart worked perfectly when I only loaded one table in the script. However, I need to be able to pull multiple tables that all have the same field names, but I need to be able to differentiate between different table data. Here is a picture to better show you what I mean:

Multiple.PNG

As you can see in the picture, there are 3 separate tables. Don't pay attention to the red/green row, they have been deleted since. Essentially, I need to be able to make a different chart for each of these tables (and eventually more). I had to transform these entries when loading the script of one particular table and ended up with the fields [Month], [Plan], and [Actual].

How can I pull this data in a way that I can separate/name the different value sets.

Thanks,

Pete