Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document CALs tab

Hello,

I have an issue with a new QlikView document meaning that when I try to go on Document CALs and add users I don't see the Document CALs tab

Please see the attached print screen

How can I solve this and what may be the cause ?

Is there any setting on QlikView document ?

Thank you!

Diana Document_CALs_Tab.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

First, I went on every QlikView documents and updated the number of CALs allocated

Second, I updated the document CALs on QlikView server: QMC -> System -> Licenses -> QlikView server License -> Update license from server

And then the tab on the new QV document appeared

Thank you,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Assigning Doc CALs is a two step process:

• First you allocate a batch of Doc CALs to a document. This is a pool of reserved Doc CALs for this particular document. No other document can use CALs from this pool. They are locked.
  • Then you assign CALs from this pool to individual users that are thereby granted access to this particular document.

If you reserved all available Doc CALs to existing documents, the Document CALs tab will stop showing up for documents that have no reservations. You can do two things now:

• Buy more Doc CALs.
  • Release some CALS from the reservations for documents that do not really need/use that amount yet.

Of course, first check whether Doc CALs are still available on your QVS. In QMC, go to System->QlikView Server->Client Access Licenses->General->Document CALs.

Good luck,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

First, I went on every QlikView documents and updated the number of CALs allocated

Second, I updated the document CALs on QlikView server: QMC -> System -> Licenses -> QlikView server License -> Update license from server

And then the tab on the new QV document appeared

Thank you,

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you reduce the number of allocated Doc CALs somewhere to free up some, or did you simply "refresh" all allocations without changing the quantities?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, first, I reduced the number of allocated Doc CALs , and then I update license from server.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

IMHO the last step isn't really necessary. Reducing allocated CALs will make them available to other documents. As a result, the document CALs tab will show up again for all other documents until you exhaust your available CALs.

Please close the discussion by marking an answer as correct. That will help other community visitors in easily  finding answers to their questions. Thanks.