cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neena123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How to Roll in Quarter?

I have four quarters. In the first quarter I have the months Sep, Oct, Nov, 2nd quarter: Dec, Jan, Feb and so on...

I have the data in a pivot table and would like to have each quarter up to date. Currently I have last years data for January and February showing and would only like 2014 data's to show. How would I accomplish this? I have separated each quarter into 4 pivot tables. Currently I am using this to separate each quarter: =If(MATCH([Month],'Sep','Oct','Nov'),[Month])

4 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Is your data source up loadable?

If yes could you attached sample?

Not applicable

Hi Neena,

do like to have one table for each quarter?

Do you have quarter as dimension?

I think you should. Then you may use set analysis on quarter fields.

Please attach sample data and give more details about dashboard you would like to create.

regards

Darek

neena123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I have made some changes. I have made one of my dimensions Quarter. Each Quarter is separated by a pivot table Quarter 1 pivot table: Jan, Feb, Mar, Quarter 2 pivot table: Apr, May, Jun, Quarter 3 pivot table: Jul, Aug,Sep and Quarter 4 pivot table: Oct, Nov, Dec.  At this time I cannot load my data. I just want my quarters to be up to date without showing both 2013 and 2014 details. For example we have already passed the months Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr therefore I do not want any data from 2013 to show in each of those month's quarters. I have no idea how to keep each quarter up to date. Thanks for the help!

Not applicable

Hi Neena, you can create the Quarter field in the script level and use this field in the dimensions.