4 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2014 7:36 AM by Kenneth Hopsdal RSS

Dates and balance in line chart witout function?

I have a table that consist of the following Fields (amongst others):

Date, year, month, yearmonth, day, week, description, balance, and some other Fields.

I would like to use yearmonth and the dimention, and the Balance as the Expression to display the chart With an overview of the Balance throughout the year.

But if I just use Balance in the expression, it chart is empty. If I use sum(Balance) the chart is populated, but of cource With the wrong values. (as it is already calculated prior to import). How should I use this to display the chart correctly?
      Anyone that can help??

• Re: Dates and balance in line chart witout function?
          Anand Chouhan

Can you elaborate more please requirement is not understood explain with an example.

Jonathan Dienst

Hi

At what level are the balances aggregated?

I suggest that you post a sample of your qvw here so that you can get more useful suggestions.

HTH

Jonathan

datasample.PNG.pngHi,

I have a personal edition, and I get a Notification "Your installation of Qlikview has exceeded the Maximum number of documents recoveries allowed for a personal edition licence" when I try to open any of the demos available in this forum, so I can not open the databases and see the solution, unfortunately.

My data is like this:

Date                 YearMonth       Balance     value

15/04/2014        2014-04           15032        3443,50

17/04/2014        2014-04           16000         968

19/04/2014        2014-04           15500         500

If the last row from april 2014 was 19/04/2014, I would like to see a line chart that gave the values like below:

2014-01            20000

2014-02            21500

2014-03            17000

2014-04            15500

Where the sums above was on the y axis, and the yearmonth was on the x axis.

The yearmonth is calculated on import.

Attached is some sample data from the Application:

solution.PNG.pngPlease see the Attached image, created in Excel.

This is the solution I am looking for:

The yellow row is selected because that is the last day there is a balance recorded for that month (march 2014), and then the value of the Balance 16378 is used in the chart for 2014-mar.

The green row is selected because that is the last day there is a Balance recorded (april 2014), and then the value of the Balance 18993 is used in the chart for 2014-apr.

So the chart I am looking for is like the chart on the right side. Of course With more yearmonth values. (like all for this current year).

Does anyone know how to do this in qlikview?

My data set is looking exactly like the data displayed on the left side of the Picture.