1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 4:18 PM by Andreas Klittbo RSS

QMSAPI Add user to Document Calc

Hi,

I have a problem with adding user document calc to my documents.

I use this code below. It says at the SaveDocumentMetaData that there are too many document calcs assigned even though i cannot see any assignments in QMC. I have also tried with code which deletes the user. And i have tried getting a list of assigned users. And the user is not assigned.

static void AddCAL()

{

QMSClient Client;

string QMS = "http://localhost:4799/QMS/Service";

Client = new QMSClient("BasicHttpBinding_IQMS", QMS);

string key = Client.GetTimeLimitedServiceKey();

ServiceKeyClientMessageInspector.ServiceKey = key;

ServiceInfo[] MyQVS = Client.GetServices(ServiceTypes.QlikViewServer);

DocumentNode[] allDocs = Client.GetUserDocuments(MyQVS[0].ID);

DocumentMetaData Meta;

//Client.ClearQVSCache(QVSCacheObjects.UserDocumentList); //Clears chaching

//Create a couple of strings to hold the name of the QVW we want to work with and the name of the user to add a CAL for.

string document = "Report_78390761-CB65-4669-BAAF-5A7BFADA25EE.qvw";

string user = "DOMAIN\\qvide";

//There is not a "Find document" function in the API and so we need to loop through the DocumentNode array to find the file we want to use.

//Once we find it, we extract its meta data and its list of assigned CALs as before. 

//Now we create a new AssignedNamedCAL and add the name of the user to it. 

//This new object is added to the existing list, pushed back into the meta data and finally the new data is saved back to the server.

for (int i = 0; i < allDocs.Length; i++)

{

if (allDocs[i].Name == document)  //If the document matches the one im looking for then apply the changes

{

//Get the meta data for the current document

Meta = Client.GetDocumentMetaData(allDocs[i], DocumentMetaDataScope.Licensing);

//Extract the current list of Document CALs

//CALConfiguration myCalcs = Client.GetCALConfiguration(MyQVS[0].ID,CALConfigurationScope.DocumentCALs);

List<AssignedNamedCAL> currentCALs = Meta.Licensing.AssignedCALs.ToList();

//Create a new CAL object and set the username for it

AssignedNamedCAL newCAL = new AssignedNamedCAL();

newCAL.UserName = user;

//Add the new cal to the list of CALs object

currentCALs.Add(newCAL);

//Add the updated CALs list back to the meta data object

Meta.Licensing.AssignedCALs = currentCALs.ToArray();

//Save the metadata back to the server

Client.SaveDocumentMetaData(Meta);

//Client.SaveCALConfiguration(myCalcs);

}

}

Does anyone have experience in this?