9 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2014 7:07 AM by Laura Sébille RSS

String variables in script

Laura Sébille

Hello everyone,

I extract data from 5 databases which have excatly the same structure (same tables, same name of columns). Each database contains the data for one city.

I want to use all these data in one only table. The problem is that, I have in each table, idCustomer=1 whereas it doesn't stand for the same customer...

So what I've done so far is that I've created a new column 'City' when I import the data and then I concatenate the first letter of the city in front of every ID. So I have for example, P01, L01 and so on...

These is a piece of code :

LOAD

'Paris' AS Ville,

'P'&id AS id_client

FROM TableCity

And I do this for each city...

It has worked so far but the thing is that in the future, there will be more cities... and besides,  I dont like the fact that I have to write the 'P' in front of the names of each columns..

I would like to use a variable that contains the 'P' and something like this :

LET vVille='P';

LOAD

$(vVille) & id as idClient;

SQL SELECT * FROM TableCity

But it doesn't work because the string variable doesnt "remember" the ' ' in the LOAD...

Have you got an idea of how I could do this ?

Or if you have a more consistent solution to solve my problem, i would also glad to read it !

Thank you very much and have a good day !