I want to implement incremental load with composite key, pls. give me suggestions.
Composite Key : Fields A, B, C, D make up the key. Here C is date Field.
Logic: Only Insert and Update. No Delete.
Please can you attach some sample data.
you can find some help in online help
I've currently 1 million record in the table expecting it to grow till 2 million within a year. So using string concatenation (A&'-'&B&'..) will degrade the performance? Any other alternatives?
- autonumberhash... instead of concat (some goods readings on qlikviewnotes and qlikfix)
- store the primarykey calculated field in the qvd: you don't need to recalculate it every run
- some millions of records? don't think they are a big number; but you can try to simulate the performance before
My doubt is whether Autonumberhash will generate same key based on the combination of column.
Autonumberhash('a1','b1','01/01/2014',d1) will be same every time.
- hash is hash, collision is possible, perhaps someone of Qliktech can clarify that
- if you want to store the primary key in qvd I think you should use hash (128 or 256) instead of autonumberhash
Retrieving data ...