Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Decrypt data load from SQL Server 2008.

I have data load from SQL Server 2008 and encrypted previously with AES 256. I have key and certificate. Could someone help me with a AES 256 decrypt function.?. Exist something like that?. It isn't a Qlikview Expressor environment.

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Was the data encrypted using T-SQL? Then you can decrypt it in your SQL statements (T-SQL supports AES encryption/decryption using symmetric keys or certificates).

If you want to do this in QlikView, you'll have to write a macro function which won't be terribly efficient...

Not applicable
Author

They are using EncryptByKey. I don't have idea about how to do decrypting. If someone have a macro or documentation about how to do that pleas appreciate.your help.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is a corresponding T-SQL function called DecryptByKey.

But I think you're asking this in the wrong forum. Better post your question in one of the many SQL Server forums.

Not applicable
Author

More info on DecryptByKey: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms181860.aspx

Can we send a "Open (...)" command to the SQL Server, before the "Select" statement?

marychen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes, you can send a OPEN command to the SQL server before SELECT statement. You'll need to add CLOSE command after the SELECT statement.