Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access separation in a transaction table without data island

Hello,

I know there are a lot of posts on section access but haven't found a working solution(if there is one) for this problem.

I have a star schema with a transaction table in the middle. The data comes from two different sources but is transformed and concatenated.

Now we would like to have some users see all the data from the transactions from one system but have section access reduction on the other.

Is this possible without loosely coupled tables or a data island?

Is there some way to reduce the data in a specific chart within qlikview according to some variables?

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Babushka,

First, Section Access is a very flexible tool, you can do vitualy everything. What you're asking about most likely is possible. I cannot tell you how to do it because it very much depends on the specific situation. The fact that data comes from multiple data source doesn't make much difference.
Second, I don't know what loosely coupled tables or data islands have to do with it. In general, I recommend to avoid loosely coupled tables. The biggest problem with this feature is that it behaves differently in different QV versions, and all "work as designed".