Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surajap123
Creator II
Creator II

Optimized charts

Hi All,

There are many charts in each sheet of my dashboard which takes long time to load when i click on the sheet because there are millions of rows in the dashboard.

The expressions are not complex, but i multiple dimensions in cyclic group.

If you see the attached sample qvw, the sheet contain many charts and set of charts appear when we click on a button(anyway the buttons are not active as it is sample app).

I wanted to know a better way to present these charts, so that it loads faster.

I know that minimizing the charts is a good idea to improve the performance, but, since the requirement is to show all charts when i click on a button, how can i minimize the charts?

These are other sheets in the same dashboards which contain set of straight tables(also gets loaded when i click on a button), which take even longer time.

Is there any optimized way to present the charts for my requirement??

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The document you posted contains no data and thus no data model, so it's impossible to tell you if you can optimize anything. Try reading this discussion and document:

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
surajap123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for the links. I am actually looking to present the charts in user interface in a better way. What i mean is, i think putting charts in container or minimizing the charts are good for performance as we will be showing only few charts at one time.

So based on the example app i provided, what i can do, to present few charts?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Suraj,

I think that showing or not showing charts is not going to make much of a difference performance-wise - but there is a possibility:

- I assume that, depending on the user's selection (depending on what the user is interested in), only some of those
    charts are needed.
=> Add to each of the charts a "condition for recalculation" that is identical to your visibility_condition.

Unfortunately you cannot track which of the tabs in a container is currrently active, thus you cannot make recalculation of the charts dependent on that - but you can put the charts all on top of each other, with different visibility_conditions, based on a variable. You can create buttons to control that variable.

HTH

Best regards,m

DataNibbler