Rentrak measures 85,000 movie screens in 18,000 theaters in 36 countries. That means that every time a customer purchases a movie ticket our system processes that data. Rentrak measures viewing on over 20 million televisions through the United States. That means that every time one of those viewers presses a button on their remote control, Rentrak gets that data.
Our measurement doesn’t stop with big screens or home televisions. We get data for internet television, mobile devices and video rentals. So when we say our engineers deal with BIG DATA, we mean that Rentrak processes more transactions a day than every major credit card company combined.
Rentrak is currently seeking a QlikView Engineerto spearhead the creation of new business intelligence applications for our global customers. If you are a successful fit for this position, you enjoy working independently with minimal supervision; you are good at collaborating with designers and end users; you have very good analytical skills, strong communication skills. and a positive attitude.
Additional requirements include:
- Solid experience developing complex QlikView data models
- Comfortable with and proponent of standard SDLC processes and tools, including source control tools, testing and implementation standards, and deployment processes
- Comfortable with basic SQL scripting
- Able to tune data loads and QlikView applications for efficient performance
- Master of Qlikview report design, charting, set analysis, scripting, testing, and debugging
- Familiar with software and data security needs
- At least one year of active experience developing in QlikView, including designing ETL and complex data loading scripts
So what does Rentrak have to offer you?The answer is simple - our unique environment! We operate with the flexibility and energy of a start-up organization but have the backing of a 30 year old publicly traded company. We're inventing new products and have a solid customer base eager to use them!We also understand and value our engineers. Our engineers work hard here, taking stunningly large amounts of data and doing an amazing job of turning it into critical systems for the movie, television and cable industry. So we know that hard work has to be balanced out with fun and play. What does that mean?
- We game on our Xbox and coin-op Ultimate Arcade (only without the coins) in our relaxation lounge while enjoying the free juice, soda, fruit, and snacks.
- We have debates about whether it is harder to Ascend in NetHack or make it through Hardcore Inferno in Diablo 3. We invite each other to participate in closed alpha or beta testing of games and other fun and interesting things such as Google Glass. We enjoy cons, be it Gamestorm, PAX, Comic Con, PDXLAN, or just about anything else.
- We have company sponsored hackathons and game nights; coding, playing esoteric board or card games. All while enjoying pizza, snacks, and drinks.
- We've gone to movie premieres, played at fun centers, gone crazy at laser tag, jumped out of airplanes, run Hood to Coast, rented bowling alleys...the list goes on and on....
If that wasn't enough, Rentrak is located in beautiful Portland, Oregon. Portland is known for its outdoor activities, creative food culture, and lively arts scene. Rentrak also has easy access to Portland's mass transit system, and has a large number of bike commuters.
We offer a friendly team oriented workplace and our benefits are among the best in the business including matching 401K program, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, an extremely generous vacation package and more.