Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Clustered environment and tunneling

Hi,

I got interesting situation and can't find way out.

My cluster:

1. VM with IIS, QMS, DSC, Settings service for IIS (tunneling plug-in NOT INSTALLED!)

2. 2 real servers with QVS only

3. 1 real server with Publisher

All servers locatel in one subnet, all servers in one domain, all firewalls turned off for all network connections.

My customer want to test clustered environment using QlikView Desktop.

Currently AJAX client and IE Plug-in working fine, load ballancing works fine, but Desctop Client (DC) works only directly with one of QVS. If I'm trying to connect from DC to web-server with disabled tunneling I'm getting error:

2014-06-26 18:21:23WarningConnectEasySocket.cpp415Could not connect to "servername"10061

As I understood I have no option working with a cluster from DC without tunneling?!

Any ideas and recomendations?

Andrey Medvedev

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Andrey, this has absolutely nothing to do with tunneling. Rather, I think you might be misunderstanding how QVP (QlikView Protocol) works. In QV Desktop, I'm assuming you are going to Open in Server, typing in qvp://servername (where servername is the direct name of one of your 2 physical QVS boxes) and opening documents in that way. If you do that, then that overrides your cluster load balancing and forces the QVW to open on the server that you specified. That's just the nature of QVP and can't be modified.

However, rather than opening through Open in Server, try this:

1. Close all open QVWs and open a new instance of QV Desktop

2. Go to Settings >> User Preferences >> Locations

3. Click the entry named "QlikView Server AccessPoint (URL)" and press Modify

4. Type in the full URL of the AP and press OK twice to exit User Preferences.

5. Press Tools >> Open QlikView AccessPoint

6. When the AccessPoint opens and you've logged on, open your document.

This method will take you through the AccessPoint, which is what handles the cluster load balancing.

Regards,

Vlad

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Andrey, this has absolutely nothing to do with tunneling. Rather, I think you might be misunderstanding how QVP (QlikView Protocol) works. In QV Desktop, I'm assuming you are going to Open in Server, typing in qvp://servername (where servername is the direct name of one of your 2 physical QVS boxes) and opening documents in that way. If you do that, then that overrides your cluster load balancing and forces the QVW to open on the server that you specified. That's just the nature of QVP and can't be modified.

However, rather than opening through Open in Server, try this:

1. Close all open QVWs and open a new instance of QV Desktop

2. Go to Settings >> User Preferences >> Locations

3. Click the entry named "QlikView Server AccessPoint (URL)" and press Modify

4. Type in the full URL of the AP and press OK twice to exit User Preferences.

5. Press Tools >> Open QlikView AccessPoint

6. When the AccessPoint opens and you've logged on, open your document.

This method will take you through the AccessPoint, which is what handles the cluster load balancing.

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Vlad, thanks a lot!

Everything working fine!

I'm tried to connect to my cluster using File -> Open on server... and typed web-server's URL... While I had tunneling support it worked, but without tunneling Qlik doesn't connect to cluster.

That was my mistake. Thanks again for your advice!

Regards,

Andrey