1. Yes, such a license will give you all you need. But if you work on-site for your client perhaps you can lease a license from their Qlikview server. For that to work their server should have a free named user license available for you and the option license lease should be enabled.
2. You can't licenses online afaik. You'll have to contact a sales representative (or perhaps a Qlikview Partner can help you purchase a license)
What is QlikView Personal Edition?
- The full version of QlikView Desktop (not a trial version)
- Free of charge and license key is not required
- With QlikView Personal Edition you are free to create QlikView documents for personal use
- It is possible to upgrade to a newer version
What are the limitations of QlikView Personal Edition?
- It only works with local documents
- Cannot share your QlikView documents with other users
- Cannot load QlikView documents from other users
- Cannot import an entire document layout into QlikView Personal Edition, e.g. sheets, objects, security settings without data
- DO NOT attempt to open QlikView documents that you did not create, such as documents from the forums or created by a colleague
IMPORTANT: QlikView Personal Edition is limited to four recoveries per installation
What happens if we acquire a full QlikView license?
- The license key is applied on the existing installation, either through a proper QlikView Desktop license or by leasing a license from QlikView Server
- The QlikView Personal Edition installation will become a full QlikView Desktop installation without requiring any additional software
Is QlikView Personal Edition supported by Qlik Support?
- Users with a valid license key are entitled to support
- No license key? Please use QlikCommunity where you can find examples, ideas and answers