How to avoid selections in chart dimensions

I have a table with employee timereports with the following fields:

type,

itemid,

created,

hours,

date,

person

I want to have a static chart (for dashboard) where I can see sum of 'hours' by 'person'. And all this avoiding any selections in any other objects in my QV application.

I have created a chart that uses data from the table above with expression = sum ({NoSelect} hours)

{NoSelect} bookmark allows me to avoid selections that could impact the sum of hours. However, I cannot find solution how to define the dimension to have all persons as dimension in the chart even if in some other table in my QV application only part of all persons is selected.

Question: How should I define the dimension in chart to be sure that the dimension contains all values ('person') avoiding any 'person' selections in some other QV application objects?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You can ignore all selections by using:

Sum({1} hours)
The 1 in Set Analysis ignores all selections.

If you want to only ignore selections on Person, then use:

Sum({<Person=>} hours)
That will show all persons regardless of what is selected in Person (replace Person with whatever your actual field name is).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Right click on the chart and select 'Datach' ... Then the chart will not be changed according to the selections...

Regards,

Nilupa

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestion. However, if I use such type of solution, users will have to attach (manually) the chart again after the next data reload to get the chart refreshed.

Not applicable
Author

You can ignore all selections by using:

Sum({1} hours)
The 1 in Set Analysis ignores all selections.

If you want to only ignore selections on Person, then use:

Sum({<Person=>} hours)
That will show all persons regardless of what is selected in Person (replace Person with whatever your actual field name is).

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

Actually, I understood why set analysis in my chart did not work previously.

Previously my expression in the chart was the following:

=sum({1} if(Week(Date)<Week(Today()) AND Week(Date)>Week(Today())-2,workinghours))*Workload-Sum ({1} if(Week(date)<Week(Today()) AND Week(date)>Week(Today())-2,hours))

But this meant that field "Workload" (that is associated with "person") is outside the set analysis. This was the reason why some values from the chart's 'person' dimension disappeared when they were unselected in some other chart.

Now I changed the expression to the following one:

=sum({1} if(Week(Date)<Week(Today()) AND Week(Date)>Week(Today())-2,workinghours*Workload))-Sum ({1} if(Week(date)<Week(Today()) AND Week(date)>Week(Today())-2,hours))

And then the set analysis works as needed.