Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III

The best way to compare many dimensions?

Hi, I would appreciate any example or idea covering one discovery situation we would like to use QV for.

It is about comparing two sets of dimensions (item attributes) and mark differences between, for example, Field1 vs. Field101, Field2 vs. Field102, Field3 vs. Field103, . . . Field20 vs. Field120. One table has already been created. You got a picture. I hop so.

thx a lot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

In the meantime I came to this solution which in combinaction with Excel (sorting by color, etc.) is a great help for users.

Marking differences 2014-07-02_13-22-28.jpg

View solution in original post

3 Replies
its_anandrjs

I believe you have to use joins for comparing the data and that depends on the situation and the logic from which fields you have to check the data.

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The table is not a problem as I wrote. Sorry for the confusion. Imagine these structure:

rowid, sku, f1, f101, f2, f102, f3, f103 and these rows:

#1, sku1, desc-1, desc-1, kg, t, fg, fg

#2, sku2, abcdef, acdef, kg, kg, fg, fg

So, in row 1 there's is a difference between values in f2 and f102. And in row 2 there is a difference between values in f1 and f101

I know I can show these in the straight table but have 60 (30*2) fields to show.

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

In the meantime I came to this solution which in combinaction with Excel (sorting by color, etc.) is a great help for users.

Marking differences 2014-07-02_13-22-28.jpg