5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2014 4:54 AM by Ravichandra Nadiminti RSS

Problems to make join into two tables

Hi,

First I apologize for my english.

I have to join two tables and i don't know what join I have to use.

I need all registers of the first table and all registers of the second table that don't be in the first table. If there are repeated that are in both tables, I need only the register that is in the first table.

Attach my code:

PURCHS:

LOAD

TEXT(PURCHID) & '-' & TEXT(LINENUM)                as PURCHLINE,

TEXT(INVENTDIMID)                                               as INVENTDIMID,

TEXT(DIMENSION3_)                                              as PROJECT,

NUM(PURCHPRICE)                                                 as PURCHPRICE,

TEXT(CURRENCYCODE)                                         as CURRENCYCODE,

DATE(CONFIRMEDDLV)                                          as CONFIRMEDDLV,

NUM(QTYORDERED)                                               as QTYORDERED

FROM

[$(Ruta_QVD)\PURCHLINE.qvd] (qvd)

WHERE DATAAREAID = 'tase' ;

JOIN

LOAD

TEXT(PURCHID) & '-' & TEXT(LINENUM)                   as PURCHLINE,

TEXT(INVENTDIMID)                                                  as INVENTDIMID,

TEXT(DIMENSION3_)                                                 as PROJECT,

NUM(PURCHPRICE)                                                    as PURCHPRICE,

TEXT(CURRENCYCODE)                                            as CURRENCYCODE,

DATE(CONFIRMEDDLV)                                              as CONFIRMEDDLV,

NUM(QTYORDERED)                                                   as QTYORDERED

FROM

[$(Rute_QVD)\PURCHLINE_2003.qvd] (qvd)

WHERE DATAAREAID = 'aeo' ;

this code sometimes returns two registers with the same purchline, for example, it happens if the project or another attribute is different in both tables. I only would need the register of the first table. How can I do it?

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Problems to make join into two tables
          sasi k

HI

simply concatenate both the tables

LOAD

TEXT(PURCHID) & '-' & TEXT(LINENUM)                as PURCHLINE,

TEXT(INVENTDIMID)                                               as INVENTDIMID,

TEXT(DIMENSION3_)                                              as PROJECT,

NUM(PURCHPRICE)                                                 as PURCHPRICE,

TEXT(CURRENCYCODE)                                         as CURRENCYCODE,

DATE(CONFIRMEDDLV)                                          as CONFIRMEDDLV,

NUM(QTYORDERED)                                               as QTYORDERED

FROM

[$(Ruta_QVD)\PURCHLINE.qvd] (qvd)

WHERE DATAAREAID = 'tase' ;

concatineate

LOAD

TEXT(PURCHID) & '-' & TEXT(LINENUM)                   as PURCHLINE,

TEXT(INVENTDIMID)                                                  as INVENTDIMID,

TEXT(DIMENSION3_)                                                 as PROJECT,

NUM(PURCHPRICE)                                                    as PURCHPRICE,

TEXT(CURRENCYCODE)                                            as CURRENCYCODE,

DATE(CONFIRMEDDLV)                                              as CONFIRMEDDLV,

NUM(QTYORDERED)                                                   as QTYORDERED

FROM

[$(Rute_QVD)\PURCHLINE_2003.qvd] (qvd)

WHERE DATAAREAID = 'aeo' ;

• Re: Problems to make join into two tables
            Ravichandra Nadiminti

Hi,

follow this pattern..You will get the required output

C:

load * Inline
            [
            cname,sales
            a,100