Moving the QVPR database from its default location where the QMS (version 11) is located, and place it on a Windows share on a network. To move the QVPR, the whole application data folder for QMS needs to be re-located.
- Stop the QlikView Management Service via the Windows Services console.
- Locate the QMS application data folder on the server that hosts the QMS service. Default location are either of the following:
- Windows Server 2008/Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService
- Windows Server 2003/Vista/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\ManagementService
- Create the new folder or share for the QMS application data, for example \\server.domain.local\my-share\ManagementService. Note: Make sure that the service account running the QMS service has the appropriate Read/Write permissions on this folder or share. If the service account for some reason does not have these permissions, unexpected behavior in your QlikView environment might occur.
- Move or copy all the contents of the old folder to the new one.
- Locate the configuration file for QMS in the Program Files folder, C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config, and open it in Windows Notepad or any other text editing tool.
- In the setting "ApplicationDataFolder", set the "Value" attribute to the new folder path. The settings node will then look something like this:
<add key="ApplicationDataFolder" value="\\server.domain.local\my-share\ManagementService"/>
- Save and close the .config file.
- To be sure that the change applies, rename the old folder C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService to something else, for example C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\moved-ManagementService.
- Start the QlikView Management Service via the Windows Services console.
Note: This will move the QMS logs, the Publisher LEF file and all other settings that belong to QMS as well.